Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Central National Science Conclave’ via video conference at around 10:30 am on Saturday.
In line with the Prime Minister’s relentless efforts to foster innovation and entrepreneurship within the country, the first conclave of its kind, in the spirit of cooperative federalism, will strengthen the mechanisms of central state coordination and cooperation, Build a robust Science, Technology and Innovation (National STI) ecosystem.
Here are the main points of Prime Minister Modi’s speech at the ‘Central National Science Conclave’:
1. Prime Minister Modi said in his speech:
2. “Today, as India is about to lead the 4th Industrial Revolution, the role of Indian science and people related to this field is very important,” he said at the conclave.
3. Science is the basis for solutions, solutions, evolution and innovation.
4. Prime Minister Modi said, “With this inspiration, today’s New India, Jai Jhawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan and Jai Anusandan are advancing their call.”
5. Referring to scientific experiments, Prime Minister Modi said:
6. At the same time, he added, many scientists, including CV Raman, Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendranath Bose, Meghnad Saha and S Chandrashekhar, were bringing their new findings to the fore.
7. He also said that looking back at the early decades of the last century shows how the world was going through a time of devastation and tragedy.
8. But even in those days, he said, scientists all over the world, whether it was in the East or the West, were engaged in their great discoveries.
9. Science becomes part of society and part of culture when we celebrate the achievements of scientists. “So my first request today is to celebrate with enthusiasm the achievements of our country’s scientists.”
10. Prime Minister Modi spoke of the government’s initiatives and said the government is committed to a science-based development mindset.
11. Prime Minister Modi also said that since 2014 there has been a significant increase in investment in the science and technology sector.
12. The Prime Minister also praised the government’s efforts, saying that today India ranks 46th in the Global Innovation Index compared to 81st in 2015.
13. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “In this niche era, many areas need to work together to make India a global center of research and innovation.”
14. Furthermore, at the launch of the Conclave, Prime Minister Modi asked to emphasize bringing our research related to science and technology to the local level.
15. To foster innovation, state governments should emphasize the creation of more and more scientific institutions and the simplification of processes.
16. State higher education institutions also need to increase the number of innovation labs, he added.
Where will the Conclave be held?
The two-day conclave will be held from 10th to 11th September 2022 at Science City, Ahmedabad.
The conclave will include sessions on various thematic areas, including STI Vision 2047. Future growth path and vision for STI in the state. Health – Digital healthcare for everyone. Double private sector investment in R&D by 2030. Agriculture – technical interventions to improve farmers’ income. Water – Innovations for producing drinking water. Energy – Clean energy for all, including the role of science and technology in hydrogen missions. Relevance of deep sea missions to coastal states/UTs and future economies of the countries.
Additionally, it is the first conclave of its kind to be attended by CM of Gujarat, Federal MoS Science & Technology (S&T), S&T Minister, Secretary of State, Union Territory, Industry Leaders, Entrepreneurs, NGOs, Young Scientists and Students. To do.
— end —