Global Bakery and Ingredients Distributor Releases New Consumer Trends Report and Patent-Pending Nonstick Donut Glaze
Jackson, Michigan, September 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Dawn Foods., a global bakery maker and ingredients distributor, today announced its new Global Bakery Trends Report, introducing its latest product innovation, Dawn Exceptional Pak Perfect™ Non-Sticky Glaze, to International Baking. Presented at Industry Exposition (IBIE).
“Our new Global Trends Report and Donut Glaze are the latest examples of Dawn’s commitment to providing our customers with industry-leading insights, quality products and innovative solutions.” Carrie Jones-Barber, CEO of Dawn Foods. “These products provide a deeper understanding of consumer wants and needs and increase customer efficiency. Dawn continues to inspire new ideas and fresh thinking to help bakeries succeed every day. , and look forward to demonstrating industry leadership at IBIE.”
What’s Trending: Trends and Insights Affecting the Bakery Industry
Over the past three years, Dawn Foods’ Global Market Research & Insights team has explored the most significant shifts in consumer behavior. The team he interviewed more than 3,000 consumers and visited hundreds of bakeries, grocery stores and food service establishments around the world to see how these trends come to fruition.
Dawn’s global trends for 2023 include:
- technology transformation: Technology has forever changed the consumer dining experience, changing the way food is selected, received and consumed. Whether it’s ordering on a touch screen or sharing a food experience virtually. This trend will only accelerate in the next few years – 57% of global consumers* plans to order more food online in 2023 than ever before.
- experiential exploration: Consumers want food that not only captures nostalgic memories, but also incorporates fresh and new taste experiences from other cultures. for example, 56% of global consumers* Tried American baked goods like chocolate chip cookies and apple pie 30% of consumers* We plan to actively try traditional African baked goods.
- daily fun: With the growing importance of mental health, consumers are finding ways to bring moments of joy into their daily lives with smaller sizes and better quality sweets. This trend will continue – 77% of global consumers* I will continue to eat sweet baked goods on a regular basis.
- The Importance of Mindfulness: Consumers are acutely aware of how their choices affect their health, their communities and the planet, they want authenticity and they want to make a positive impact on the world. , 71% of global consumers* Willing to pay a premium for sustainably produced sweet baked goods.
Innovative Pak Perfect Non-Sticky Donut Glaze offers bakers a breakthrough solution
Shown at Dawn Foods’ IBIE booth #1601, the patent-pending glaze technology keeps packaged yeast-raised donuts tack-free for up to 5 days.
“Dawn’s latest donut innovation provides grocers and manufacturers with a solution to keep yeast-raised donuts looking great and fresher longer. Roja Elgun, Director of R&D Wet Ingredients, Dawn Foods North America. “Our new donut glaze is non-greasy on its own, significantly reducing waste and helping bakeries with their labor needs.”
Feedback from consumers is also positive. Through the Dawn Sensor Test, 66%** of consumers said they liked it. pack perfect Yeast-fed donuts over traditional glazed donuts.
Dawn Executives and Experts at IBIE
At IBIE, Dawn executives and team members will also participate in multiple panels, events and educational sessions throughout the show.
- Sarah Hickey, Senior Director of Insights & Market Research: Fresh out of the oven: Dawn’s latest trends and insights impacting the bakery landscape. (Saturday, September 17th – 1:30pm – 2:30pm PST When Tuesday, September 20th – 9:45am – 10:45am PST).
- Alexis GilbertSenior Director of Global Brands and Communications: Break through the digital noise – Strategies, tactics and tools to get your bakery noticed online. (Saturday, September 17th – 2:45pm – 3:45pm PST When September 18th (Sun) – 9:45am – 10:45am PST)
- paul caskvice president, National Technical Sales and Randy MacArthurTechnical Sales Representative: Tips and tricks to be more efficient in your bakery. (September 18th (Sun) – 8:30am – 9:30am PST)
- Felisa StockwellVice President, Global People and Culture: How to Start Building a Diversity Initiative: Best Practices from Your Peers. (Monday, September 19th – 11 am – noon Pacific Standard Time)
- Dawn Foods, along with The Society of Bakery Women,donuts at dawn‘s women’s networking event Tuesday, September 20thfrom 9:00am – 9:45am PST At Dawn Foods booth #1601, Carrie Jones-BarberCEO of Dawn Foods speaks.
To learn more about Dawn’s four new global trends, or Dawn’s Donut Glaze innovation, stop by Dawn Foods IBIE booth #1601 or visit DawnFoods.com/Trends.
*Source: Dawn Foods 2023 Global Trends Study
**Source: Dawn Sensory Testing, 2021.Consumers rated Dawn Exceptional® pack perfectTMs donut grays and dawn
Exceptional® Medium Donut Glaze 48 hours in clamshell. N=101
About Dawn Food Products
Dawn Foods is a global leader in bakery manufacturing and food distribution. For over 100 years, Dawn has been the partner of choice to inspire bakery success every day, with the power to delight customers around the world and achieve their aspirations with partnerships, insights, innovation, bakery products and expertise. working to giveHead office location Jackson, Michigan, Dawn Foods has over 4,000 team members worldwide, serving over 50,000 customers in over 100 countries with quality bakery products. For more information on the company, its products and culture, please visit www.dawnfoods.com.
Source Dawn Food Products, Inc.